The Department of History is one of the initial Departments with which the college was established in the year 1951. The Department has been imparting both Major and Regular under graduate Courses. At present the Department has three regular faculty members. All of them have Doctoral Degree and are engaged in academic and research activities apart from their normal duties of teaching. The Department has mantained at present also its earlier reputation and fame in the academic arena of the state earned with hard efforts and dedicated services by its earlier generation faculty members. The pass percentage and number of recipient of first class in the final examination is increasing. The alumni of the Department have been rendering significant services to the humanity, to the state and the society in different governmental non-governmental capacities in different fields. They comprise MP, Administrative officers, Principals in College and Higher Seconday Schools, Teachers in Schools, Advocats, Journalist, self employed businessman, etc.
Laboratory Details :
The room no -72 is allotted as smart class room. The room has 24 pairs of desk and bench with 98 sitting capacity( @ four students per bench) with edequate facilities of air circulation, light and elecrical fans. At present the class room is shared by the Dept of Arabic snd Dept of Sanskrit with our Department ie the Dept of History. The smart class room is arranged with LCD smart interative board and is operative since the beginning of the session 2022-23.